Bmw group uk: most successful premium manufacturer again in 2010

And we continue with the sales figures from all over the world: After France, Germany and the USA, today we receive the sales figures for December and the whole of 2010 from Great Britain. In England, too, all manufacturers had to struggle with a relatively weak environment and the overall market only grew by just under two percent. Against this background, the more than 10 percent growth of BMW and MINI is particularly gratifying.

In December itself, however, the BMW Group with 12,147 vehicles was only 3.6 percent up on the same month last year. With 7,373 units, the core brand BMW was actually 6.3 percent below the previous year, but this was offset by the strong performance of the subsidiary MINI.

BMW Group UK: Most successful premium manufacturer again in 2010

A comparison with the competition is currently only possible to a limited extent, as we have not yet been able to find Mercedes numbers for England. Audi was able to sell 5,214 vehicles in Great Britain in December, significantly fewer than the BMW Group. For the full year, Audi was at 99,705 units, well behind BMW and well behind BMW and MINI combined. Just like the BMW Group, the Ingolstadt-based company was able to grow by a little more than ten percent (+ 10.2%).

BMW’s market share for 2010 as a whole was 5.39 percent. Together with the 2.16 percent of MINI, this gives the BMW Group a market share of 7.55 percent.

Tim Abbott (Managing Director BMW Group UK): “We saw strong sales growth in the BMW Group last year and with over 153,000 units we were even able to extend our lead as the most successful premium manufacturer. Both BMW and MINI grew significantly faster than the overall market. The sales figures for the 3 Series have exceeded our expectations, which is mainly due to the BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Edition, which has a clear tax advantage. The new 5 Series Sedan got off to an excellent start and the X1 also saw strong growth. MINI saw its largest market share ever in 2010 and the new Countryman was immediately well received. Customers will have to wait at least until spring before receiving their vehicle. 2011 will not be an easy year, especially in the first six months. Nevertheless, we remain cautiously optimistic and we are starting the new year with many orders, we have about twice as many orders as at the same point in time a year ago. "

Понравилась статья? Поделиться с друзьями:
Добавить комментарий

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: